Make a difference this #earthday.
Here are our top tips and how we can all do some simple things to protect our planet on Earth Day.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away. Follow the three ‘ R’s to conserve natural resources and save so much waste going to landfill.
Choose sustainable hydration. Join the refill revolution with a reusable bottle or keep-cup for your cold and hot hydration and save buying single-use plastic bottles.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community.
- Educate. When you further your own education, you can help others understand the importance and value of our natural resources.
- Conserve water. The less water you use, the less runoff and waste that eventually ends up in the ocean.
- Sustainable fish. Learn how to make smart seafood choices a. Sustainable fishing keeps stocks healthy and protects other marine life see more at mscuk.org
- Shop sustainably. Buy less plastic packaged food and remember your reusable shopping bag.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs. Energy-efficient light bulbs reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Also, turn the light switch off when you leave the room.
- Plant a tree. Trees provide food and oxygen. They help save energy, clean the air, and help combat climate change.
- Cut chemicals. Don’t send chemicals into our waterways. Choose eco-products non-toxic in the home and workplace.
- Choose to cycle more often or walk. Share lifts and use public transport instead of your car where you can.